Looking to solve fasteners from loosening due to vibration and other issues?
The Future of Fasteners
Introducing the TineLokTM ® Vibration Proof Fastening System from Permanent Technologies! The TineLokTM ® product is a patented, one-way nut and bolt combination which locks the nut and bolt at predefined positions, eliminating the possibility that vibration may loosen the nut or bolt.
Introducing the TineLokTM ® Vibration Proof Fastening System
from Permanent Technologies!
Permanent Technologies, Inc. is a New York-based, emerging growth company with numerous international patents for a unique and innovative fastener system called TineLokTM ®. The TineLokTM ® product is a patented, one-way nut and bolt combination which locks the nut and bolt at predefined positions, eliminating the possibility that vibration may loosen the nut or bolt. The device provides easy removal of the nut from the bolt with any conventional tool.
There are many products on the market today for applications with heavy vibration. However, to date this type of joint assembly has been primarily serviced with a vibration “resistant” fastener. TineLokTM ® provides many benefits over these traditional products, including:
- Lower warranty costs due to superior reliability
- Self-locking mechanism, easily viewed during routine maintenance or inspection
- Ease of installation, tightening and removal as there are not special tools needed
- Prevention of joint failure in hard to service locations
- Discourages tampering with warranty parts or theft of valuable components
- From custom designed prototypes to mass production, TineLokTM ® delivers a quality product at a competitive price
- Tine – a prong, a thin pointed projection of a utensil or implement
- Lok (lock) – any device or part for stopping the motion of a mechanism, hence: TineLokTM ®
The key to the TineLokTM ® Vibration Proof Fastening System: It’s a Positive Locking Device assembly!!
A positive locking device is a device used in conjunction with a fastener in order to positively lock the fastener. This means that the fastener cannot work loose from vibrations. The following is a list of positive locking devices currently used in the fastener industry:
- A split beam nut and a split pin
- A castellated nut and a split pin
- A hex nut or cap screw and a tab washer
- A hex nut or cap screw and a lock plate
- Safety wiring with various types of fasteners
The word safe tying is a term universally used in the aircraft industry. Briefly, safe tying is defined as: “Securing by various means any nut, bolt, turnbuckle etc., on the aircraft so that vibration will not cause it to loosen during operation.” These practices are not a means of obtaining or maintaining torque, rather a safety device to prevent the disengagement of screws, nuts and bolts, snap rings, oil caps, and drain cocks, valves, and parts. Three basic methods are used in safe tying; safety-wire, cotter pins, and self-locking nuts. Retainer washers and pal nuts are also sometimes used. Safety wire must be installed in a manner that will prevent the tendency of the part to loosen.