Easy to follow directions when ordering or requesting a quotation:
Step 1 – Nut Thread Size and Style (Hex, Square or Metric)
Step 2 – Material
Step 3 – Bolt Style and Thread Length (Hex Head, Flange Head, Socket Cap or Metric)
Step 4 – Quantities
Step 1: The TineLokTM ® Nut is different and innovative due to its locking insert feature produced with tines.
- Mechanical “Positive Locking System” requires NO special tools.
- Locking Insert w/tines (photos in RED) inserted in the nut supply positive MECHANICAL locking at a variety of torques to meet the manufacturers design requirements. Once the tines are engaged, the joint is secure.
- Current Insert produced in Ultem 1000 material due to great tensile strength and rigidity, excellent thermal and electrical properties as well. Insert size determined by nut dimensions when ordering.
- Standard Hex Head, Flange Head and Socket Cap Bolts/Screws available for immediate sale.
Heavy Hex Nuts:
- A nut is a type of fastener with a threaded hole. Nuts are almost always used opposite a mating bolt to fasten a stack of parts together. The two partners are kept together by a combination of their threads’ friction, a slight stretch of the bolt, and compression of the parts. In applications where vibration or rotation may work a nut loose, various locking mechanisms may be employed: Adhesives, safety pins or lock wire, nylon inserts, or slightly oval-shaped threads. The most common shape is hexagonal, for similar reasons as the bolt head – 6 sides give a good granularity of angles for a tool to approach from (good in tight spots), but more (and smaller) corners would be vulnerable to being rounded off. Other specialized shapes exist for certain needs, such as wing nuts for finger adjustment and captive nuts for inaccessible areas.
Heavy Hex Nut Characteristics:
- Heavy Hex Nuts are a favorite in the fastener industry. These six-sided, internally-threaded Heavy Hex Nuts are one of the strongest, most durable fasteners in the industry, designed to sustain the strains of the most extreme industrial conditions. Permanent Technologies provides Heavy Hex Nuts in various grades, finishes, threads, and sizes, as well as custom orders to fit your unique industrial need.
- ASTM A194 Grade 2H Heavy Hex Nut
The ASTM A194 Grade 2H Heavy Hex Nut is widely considered the workhorse of the industrial fastener world. Designed to be used with class 2A studs or bolts in high-pressure/high-temperature applications, the 2H Heavy Hex Nut represents an economical solution where strength and cost are paramount. The Heavy Hex Nut is made of carbon alloy with a class2B fit. The high carbon content of the Heavy Hex Nut provides for additional strength. While the product is not particularly corrosion resistant, the Heavy Hex Nut may be plated for additional protection against weathering and dilation. The mechanical properties of the 2H Heavy Hex Nut are essentially identical to the DH nut, allowing their direct substitution for each other.
- Mechanical Guidelines for Fasteners – Screws, Nuts, Bolts, Washers, Pins
Steel Grade Material & Treatment Proof Load Stress Yield Strength Tensile Strength Core Hardness, Rockwell Standards Authority ksi (1000 lbs/sq inch) Min. ksi (1000 lbs/sq inch) Min. ksi (1000 lbs/sq inch) Min. Low-carbon grade 2 Low/medium carbon steel, cold-forged 55 57 74 B70-B100 Society of Automotive Engineers Grade A Low/medium carbon steel 90-100 95-105 60 B69-B100 American Society for Testing & Materials Grade B Low/medium carbon steel 70-133 76-139 60-100 B69-B95 American Society for Testing & Materials Grade 5 Medium carbon steel, quenched & tempered 74-85 81-82 105-120 C19-C34 Society of Automotive Engineers Grade 8 Medium carbon alloy steel, quenched & tempered 120 130 150 C33-C39 Society of Automotive Engineers Grade C Medium carbon steel 144 154 N/A B78-C38 American Society for Testing & Materials 2-H Medium carbon steel 144 154 N/A B78-C38 Society of Automotive Engineers Strength guidelines may vary by part thickness, number of threads/inch, finish, and other design or production factors.
Nut Manufactured Materials and Finishes:
- Materials Include: 18-8 SS, 316 SS, 400 series SS, Brass, Carbon Steels, Alloy Steels, Aluminums
- Finishes Include: Zinc, Cadmium, & Chrome Plating, also Black Oxide, Anodize, Passivation and Heat Treating
- Various other materials and finishes offered by request for quotation
Tinelok™® ASME Heavy Hex Nut Dimensions
Standard 30° chamfers on corners
Standard HH Nut pattern except thicker
Thickness is +/- .015
Our standard two insert vibration proof tinelok™® nut
Multiple materials, pricing and lead times available upon request
Torque requirements for nuts & bolts can be established if required for the application.
|Nominal Thread Pitch||Width Across Flats||Width Across Corners||Thickness Heavy Hex Nuts|
|1 1/8″||1 13/16″||1.812||1.756||2.093||2.002||1.489||1.504||1.474|
|1 3/8″||2 3/16″||2.188||2.119||2.526||2.416||1.724||1.739||1.709|
|1 1/2″||2 3/8″||2.375||2.300||2.742||2.622||1.849||1.864||1.834|
|1 5/8″||2 9/16″||2.562||2.481||2.959||2.828||1.974||1.989||1.959|
|1 3/4″||2 3/4″||2.750||2.662||3.175||3.035||2.099||2.114||2.084|
|1 7/8″||2 15/16″||2.938||2.844||3.392||3.242||2.224||2.239||2.209|
|2 1/4″||3 1/2″||3.500||3.388||4.041||3.862||2.583||2.598||2.568|
|2 1/2″||3 7/8″||3.875||3.750||4.474||4.275||2.833||2.848||2.818|
|2 3/4″||4 1/4″||4.250||4.112||4.907||4.688||3.083||3.098||3.068|
|3 1/2″||5 3/8″||5.375||5.200||6.207||5.928||3.818||3.833||3.803|
|3 3/4″||5 3/4″||5.750||5.562||6.640||6.341||4.068||4.083||4.053|